Friday, November 30, 2012

Vintage-inspired Fabric Sling Bags

Among the many beautiful shops along Tapae Road in Chiangmai, there is one that I make sure I drop in every time when I am in town.  I like products made from hemp, and I have always been able to find a few good selections in the shop.  These are what I found this time besides a deep green ' monk bag '.  The sad news is that I was told the property will be up for sale soon, and the American lady running the business is also considering retirement.  So when I say ' see you again ', she replied with a smile ' you won't see me again '.  Well, who knows, she might change her mind and relocate.  I hope.


Shoppings from a previous trip to Chiangmai.

Bought from the same shop a few years ago, a combination of cotton (prints) and hemp.  

Another sling bag - One year I was in Chiangmai during the monsoon season.  While walking in the Saturday night market, I was caught in the rain and ended up finding shelter in a stall that sold vintage inspired fabric bags.  Having stood there for some half an hour, I felt oblige to get something from the stall, and this was my purchase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment