Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thailand & Vietnam - Ethnic Minority Woman's Trousers

Considering the petit size of the women, these trousers are quite large or shall I say baggy. Here they are all folded into half in order for me to get them into the pictures, some are longer in length than the others.  I find these trousers most fascinating the first time I saw them, the effort put in the embroideries are just extraordinary. I don't remember seeing anything quite like it before.


Vietnam - Red Dao Thaphin.  This is a favourite piece, minimalist and refined in the choice of colours, so much depth in that rare shade of earthy pink.


Vietnam - Red Dao Thaphin, the bright colour looks more gold than yellow.


Thailand - Yao


Thailand - Yao

2 comments:

  1. You had great pieces. I left one after sold few pieces of them. I wear it once in a while when I want to look like an highlander :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the Vietnamese pieces. The embroidery is truly amazing. I'll probably keep them for a while when I start selling the rest.

    ReplyDelete